COVID 19 - Update
Songrite Copyright Office staff are currently "home working" due to Government advice about social distancing.
Song, Music & Lyrics Copyright Registration
- Members can still submit songs, music and lyrics direct to us online. = Members Login
- Songrite Copyright Office are still accepting new members. = Apply For Membership
- Until further notice; All copyright registration documents will be issued = DIGITALLY direct to your email address usually within 24hours (Faster and more secure than regular mail )
- All copyright registrations are one-off payments, there are no additional or top up payments.
- Copyright lasts for the lifetime of the author / composer plus a minimum of fifty (50) years.
- Songrite Copyright Registration Service is recognised and accepted in more than one hundred and seventy (170) countries world-wide.
- Copyright Registration will help establish a true and lasting record of rightful ownership.
Copyright Registration Documents Include
- CR3 - Copyright Certificates - Digital Delivery
- Song & Lyrics Composite Documents - Digital Delivery
- Copyright Registration and Safe Storage Contracts - Digital Delivery
- Certified Album Cover / Artwork Document - Digital Delivery
- If you need to contact us during this period, please email us with any queries to = Songrite Copyright Office
- We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.
- Finally; Carry on being creative and above all stay alert and "Stay Safe"
Copyrights of Song / Music & Lyrics :
Copyright actually exists the very moment an original song, lyrical work or piece of music is created and fixed in a tangible and accessible form or media such as it being recorded or written down. However, should that work become subject to a dispute or be infringed upon, proof of copyright ownership is not only essential it is also a legal requirement in a court of law. Securing proof of copyright ownership is your responsibility.
Copyright Registration will provide you with solid documented proof of ownership as from the date of registration. If you value your work and wish to protect it "Copyrighting", or to be more precise, copyright registration is strongly advised.
Songwriters & composers will receive the following three copyright registration documents when registering their songs, music or lyrics
- Official CR3 - Copyright Registration Certificate
- Detailed Song Composite Document
- Authors Registration and Secure storage Contract
Copyrights you can Register & Secure with Songrite?
- Song Copyrights (Complete songs with words and music)
- Music Copyrights (Music, Music scores & Musical Arrangements)
- Lyric Copyrights (Song Lyrics)
Why Register Your Copyrights?:
Under Copyright Law, the Songwriter and / or Composer has certain rights including the exclusive right to gain economic reward for their creative efforts. These rights are granted by default the moment the songs, music or lyrics are written down or recorded. By registering your work you will help establish and endorse these rights with immediate effect from the date of registration. (specified on the issued Copyright Certificate).
Registering Song Copyrights with Songrite:
When registering your songs / lyrics with Songrite Copyright Office we include the registration of all additional rights as set out below.
- The Music / Melody:
- The lyrics:
- The Arrangements:
- The Production:
- The Performance:
- The Artwork / Logo: (Album / CD Cover).
- Your Band / Stage or Performers name
All of these collective copyrights are included when registering complete songs or music only tracks.
Copyright Registration of Songs and Lyrics Direct Online:
Submitting your original work direct to us online is a quick, safe and secure process. However to safeguard and maintain the high level of security and efficiency we have restricted access to this facility to Songrite members only. Our unique International Copyright Registration Service is open and available to all songwriters, lyric writers and composers of music who wish to register the copyrights of their work and have certified proof of ownership in the form of an Official Songrite Copyright Registration Certificate plus a Song Composite Document plus a Ten Year Guaranteed Safe Storage Contract.
See how you can upload your songs / lyrics / music direct online by clicking here = Online Copyright
How to Become a Member of the Songrite Copyright Office - Songwriters Database:
Membership is totally free with no strings or commitments, the online application form takes a few moments to complete. This online copyright service is used by both professional and aspiring songwriters and composers to upload their original songs and lyrics for registration. Copyright Registration ensures all new and original works are documented and accredited to the owner, author or creator of the submitted works.
Copyright Registration by Regular Mail:
Using the regular mail service is an option open to both members and none members, however, due to the time consuming procedures involved with manual delivery, this method takes longer to complete and is dependent upon external systems which are beyond our control. (Local Mailing Services). Copyright by Mail
Copyright Registration Forms:
Copyright Registration Forms are only required when submitting your work by regular mail. There are three Copyright application forms available which cover everything from registering one single composition to a complete album of up to fourteen tracks. Copyright forms for registering songs, music and lyrics can be viewed here. Copyright Forms. (These forms are not required for online copyright registration).
Do it Yourself Copyright Protection:
The practice of sending a copy of your own work to yourself in a sealed envelope or package is often referred to as “poor man’s copyright.” This "do it yourself" method of "copyrighting" is simple to by-pass and defraud which renders it totally unreliable and unacceptable as proof of ownership in a court of law.
There is no provision in the text of international copyright law that recognises “poor man’s copyright” as a viable alternative to registration. Placing trust in “poor man’s copyright” to protect your work is not only misguided but foolhardy and will surely result in your loss and disappointment if ever put to the test.
Safeguarding All Personal Information:
Protecting your privacy is important to us. We do not share, sell or exchange names email addresses or any other personally identifying information about our members or clients to any other organisation or agency.
The information contained within this site is offered as a consideration to visitors and at no time should the information be construed as legal advice; for all legal matters, we encourage our clients to seek the assistance of an attorney. The Copyright Office is not responsible for policing, or checking on registered works and their use, and cannot guarantee that the legitimacy of ownership or originality in a work registered by Songrite will never be questioned.
Copyright © 2020 Songrite Copyright Office - Song Copyrights - Music Copyrights - Lyric Copyrights.
Copyright lasts for the lifetime of the author / composer plus a minimum of fifty (50) years.
Songrite Copyright Office - International Copyright Registration Service:
Songrite Copyright Registration Service is recognised and accepted in more than 177 (one hundred and seventy seven) countries world-wide.